Northern Ndebele Words to Tell a Story of How You're Feeling

Samukele! Salibonani bangane (welcome, hello friends). If you are new, please start at the first post at the bottom and work your way up to this, the newest post.

Answer/ ask questions of the community Community Questions tab.

If you would like to support us, please go to our Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/NorthernNdebele or get involved as a volunteer by emailing us at northernndebeleblog@gmail.com.

Learn with the beginner lesson: Lessons tab.

Kulungile. We have some more lessons up in our Lessons tab, for those who would like to learn more there. Otherwise, see our other tabs, and answer/ ask some questions in the Community Questions tab. Lamhla, let us look at a dozen Ndebele phrases for how you're feeling (or how I am feeling at the moment, for some of these, haha).

Ngomile/ ngiwomile - I am thirsty
Ngibambekile - I am busy (always the case)

Ngidiniwe - I am feeling tired (too much blogging maybe)
Ngilambile - I am hungry (but...)
Ngilindile - I am waiting (for lunch time now)
Ngicaphukile - I am annoyed (that it's not lunchtime yet) 
Emini ngiyalambile - at the afternoon, I become hungry
Ngisuthi - I am full/ satisfied (for after eating, not yet)
Ngicakile - I am thin (because of the above)
Ngizimukile - I am fat (maybe after lunch)
Uhlakaniphile - You are clever (yes, you are)
Ngiphuzile - I am late (so...)
Ngifanele ukuhamba khathesi (I have to go now). 

Salani kuhle bangane.

Lokhu kuqakathekile, nxa uyafuna to get involved, please answer some community questions, or contact us via northernndebeleblog@gmail.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment lapha please